Volume 4, Issue 4 (11-1990)                   Med J Islam Repub Iran 1990 | Back to browse issues page

XML Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

ANAND K, PANDE S, GUPTA R. CORRELATION BETWEEN ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHIC AND HISTOPATHOLOGICAL CHANGES IN ISOPRENALINE-INDUCED MYOCARDIAL INJURY. Med J Islam Repub Iran. 1990; 4 (4) :287-291
URL: http://mjiri.iums.ac.ir/article-1-1536-en.html
Form the' Dept. of Physiology, Medical School, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman
Abstract:   (2522 Views)
Myocardial injury was induced in 25 dogs by infusing isoprenaline, 2-4 microgram per kg per minute for the duration of six hours. 10 dogs served as controls which received only physiological saline. Animals receiving isoprenaline 2 microgram per kg per minute were labelled as experimental group A and other receiving microgram per kg per minute as experimental group B. Histopathological observations in experimental groups A & B showed subendocardial haemorrhage in the papillary muscles and apex of left ventricle as early as two-three hours of infusion. Focal lesions characterized by congestion, dilatation and extravasation of blood was observed near necrotic myocardium. Group A animals showed only severe tachycardia while in group B myocardial infarction in 80% and only ischaemic changes in 20% of animals were observed. Out of animals in group B, 37.5% developed myocardial infarction after two hours of infusion while remaining 62.5% developed changes after four hours. Histopathological changes were very well correlated with ECG findings observed in the present study.
Full-Text [PDF 602 kb]   (830 Downloads)    

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:
CAPTCHA